Monday, August 06, 2007

we are shy

well we are shy. yup shy. if we met any of you wonderful dogs or hamsters we would run and hide in a corner. yup we are lame. but we love each other! so we went to the richmond dachsie meetup this saturday. my mom and dad got miriam all ready and put us dogs in the car and we were ready for some fun! well as you can see by this video it didn't go so well. tadpole had a similar experience except he actually walked around and smelled stuff. we stood behind mom and dad. and of course miriam was cranky, mom thought she might be getting a tooth, but she's not so sure anymore. gosh, they get teeth!? is she going to want to bite me? i sure hope not. by the way everydog and girl girl and especially ivy, you are NOT allowed to run over babies. just thought i would let you know this little fact. if something needs to be barked at you need to run AROUND the baby laying on the floor on her playmat, no OVER her. cause you will hit her with your feets and then she wil cry and then the mom will NOT be happy. yeah copper did that. i did not, i am a good boy and i would never do that to miriam, but copper did! and he got in trouble. so watch this video and see how lame we are!




i needed some water that mom brought cause it was HOT

these guys reminded us of the dachsies

we kinda met another long-haired dachsie

but we did have a good nap on mom!

15 comments:

Lady Kaos said...

My sister Sasha is a miniature long haired dacshund and she doesn't like dogs her size. She would have done the same thing if she was there. She only likes big dogs because she grew up with labs and a St Bernard, she thinks little dogs are terrifying.
Kaos

Joe Stains said...

I can't believe you can't step on that baby? If you can't step on it what in the heck is it doing on the floor? Shouldn't she seek higher ground?

Maggie & Marie said...

Hershey, you and Copper look so comfortable sleeping with your mom! I like to sleep on my mom too...i like to sleep right under her chin on her neck. :)

Hershey, can I come over and meet Copper???

Lots of licks to Miriam since Copper ran her over!

Maggie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hershey.
Maybe that wasn't a good day for a meet-up or you always do the same thing?? I'd be happy to be there!
Poor Miriam! But like Joe said maybe it was the wrong place to be!
I love the picture sleeping with your mom!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh.. Thanks for letting us know Hershey. Next time I see a baby, I'll run around her instead of on her... I hope she dont run on me too


~ girl girl

Roxie, Sammy and Andy said...

Gosh, Hershey, we guess since Miriam can't move out of the way yet, it rule makes a little bit of sense. Wait until Miriam can move around, then your mom will tell HER she can't run over YOU.

You sure do look comfy sleeping on your mom with Copper. Even if your mom was mad that you ran over the baby, she still cuddled with you at nap time so all is forgiven.

Roxie, Sammy and Andy said...

Oops, your mom was mad a Copper, not you. You are the perfect dachsie.

We never could get the movie to play. Did anyone else have that problem or is it limited to our human?

Zach said...

Darn, I couldn't see the video! I think you should be wary of other dogs, who knows what diseases they have! You're not lame, just smart. Thanks for the warning about avoiding the baby - I'll need that kind of info soon as I'll be an Uncle.

Tadpole said...

Ehh, I know how you feel. But that last picture is THE BEST!

Hana said...

Hmmmm, I'm sad because I can't see the video.

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Hersh,
I can't see that video too. :( It's ok..I'm just as shy as you guys. I'd rather just hang around outside rather than get into the action of things.
PS : I hope Copper didn't get into too much trouble. I also think your Mom looks great. Maybe those exercises helped.....can she fit into her old jeans now?

Ricky Pepper said...

Oops! Copper will learn to step over the baby in time. Sometimes I still jump too much and step on my mom's face. When she says ouch that means I wasn't supposed to do that...I think I would like to cuddle up with you and your mom! Everyone looks very content.

xoxo,
Ricky

fee said...

hershey, the video won't play...

Ivy said...

ooooo! thanks for the hint hershey. i will haf to remember that about babies cuz i run over and under and all around my peepol if there is a skwerrel outside that needs to be barked at.

Reina the Doxie said...

I can't view the video :( I can't see how lame you guys are!
Is there a smooth black & tan dachshund in the picture? hehe
Love,
Reina