Sunday, June 24, 2007

now dad is the hero!

meet ellie...




last night my dad was coming home from the store and he saw a dog almost get hit by a car. he felt that something wasn't right about this dog wandering down the street. so he stopped and was going to check her collar and call her owners. well she didn't have a tag on her collar! so he brought her home. he said he wasn't quite sure what he was going to do with her when he got home, he just knew he couldn't leave her out there. (oh, and by the way i never got to meet ellie, i hardly knew any of this was going on, i just knew mom and dad smelled like another dog!) well since the humane society and the animal shelter are closed at night and on the weekends, they decided to keep her over night cause dad found her at about 8. well they sat outside with her on my tie-out and petted her and talked over what to do. they didn't want to chance that she was a dog that roamed around and to take her back to where he found her. they didn't want to keep her in the house cause they didn't know if she was an outside dog or and inside dog or if she had fleas, would chew up stuff and plus my kennel was too small for her. so they took some big stuff out of the shed and ran a light in there and made a bed for her with towels and gave her food and water.

they knew someone loved her cause she had a really pretty collar and she was soooooo friendly! so this morning they got up reeeeallly early and took pictures of her and made a found dog poster. and so they put her on my tie-out in the back yard where there was some shade and nice grass. well they went to go put posters up but not 3 houses down they saw a lost dog poster! it was for her! her name is ellie and there was a reward. well mom and dad didn't want the reward but ellie's dad insisted. mom called and said "we have ellie!!" and ellie's mom was soooooo happy, ellie only lived to streets over! the dad said it was the first time she ever got out of the yard! and that she would have a tag TODAY! so its a happy ending!!! and a lesson to always have a tag with your information or a chip like nixon has!!

23 comments:

JustMeCopper said...

Hipp hip horray for the Daddy the hero! I'm glad Ellie got home. I bet her Mom and Dad were worried about her all night.

Hana said...

Oh Wowie Zowie!! Your dad is my hero too! I'm glad the doggie your dad found has a name, meaning she has a home with caring parents. Maybe you will get to see her sometime when you have a walkie.

Hey, wasn't your Mom a hero too one time? I seem to recall that somewhat.

Joe Stains said...

what a great story! we always have our taggies on because mom and dad would die if we ever got lost!

Dachsies Rule said...

Your dad is our hero too! He was so great to stop and take care of Ellie when she was loose. She was probably really scared and missed her people. Your mom and dad made sure there was a happy reunion.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Hershey,
This is amazing..your dad's a hero! :) I can't believe you never got to meet Ellie even though she lived so nearby. I'm glad all ends well. Hana just did a post about her hoomans...just like the way you did in your last post.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hershey.
Your Dad is a very nice person. Of course he is a Hero! Poor Ellie sure she was scared. But your mom and dad took care of her. I am sure it was a happy reunion with her family.
Please give kisses and hugs to your Dad and your Mom.
Maybe someday you will have the chance to meet her and maybe have a walkie together!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Hana said...

Hi Hershey, yeap, as Luckie just said, I revealed tidbits about my family, just like you did!!! I tagged Copper and Luckie to do the same.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh your dad is such a hero. And So great that Ellie is back home with her family now

~ girl girl

Reina the Doxie said...

Awww that was really nice of your dad! Ellie must be so happy to have met you!
You daddy is a hero!

Lady Kaos said...

I love happy endings! I bet Ellie really appreciates your Dad being such a great hero.
Kaos

Tadpole said...

Hi Hershey!!! *waves* That is such a HAPPY story! I love it! And I'm so glad Ellie is getting a tag today, too...! I can't imagine how my girl would panic if she lost me!

Guinness & Shiloh's Family said...

That is an awesome story. Our dad found a little chiwawa friend walking down our street the other day too. Good thing she only lived at the other end of our block, but her tags were old, so if it hadn't been fot their mama & papa lookin for her, she would have been out of luck to get back home that soon. Keep those licenses up to date!

Sophie Brador said...

I love a happy ending!

ToFFee said...

Hi Hershey!

I pawed by your blog!

Wowf! your daddy is a real hero for taking care of ellie and returning her back.

I'm sure my pawrents would freak out if ever I got lost too!


Wuffs!
Toffee

Snowball said...

Hi Hershey,

Your dad and mum was great. Ellie is lucky that she was seen by your dad.

Luv,
Snowball

JustMeCopper said...

is Nixon the hero yet?

Ricky Pepper said...

Your daddy is a hero! You should give him lots of bones and kisses foe being Ellie's hero!

Ricky Pepper said...

That's neat about the Christmas cards! My mommy would love to send all of you one from PA (not very exotic, but, hey it's somewhere, right??) I will visit everyone with wet pupper kisses! Thank you (wag wag)

Ricky-Rooooooooo

Bailey said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. You mean you live with cats and you get along? My mom can't figure out how to keep us apart. My friend Skip and I just love to terrorize the cats. They are upstairs and we can't get thru the gate to go up there. Do you think there can really be harmony between cats and dogs? Luv~Bailey~

The Army of Four said...

Way to GO, Hershey's dad!!!
Tail wags,
Storm

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Hershey,
I can't seem to find your email anywhere. Do you think you can drop me an email? ssmilezz@gmail.com

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Hershey, we read the news on Mr Rain. (thanks for sharing) It's very sad that his USA concert did not went on as plan and even got cancelled at the last minute. :(
Hope he has better sucess in his movie

~ girl girl

Ivy said...

hurray for your super dad! we are all very happy that ellie got home again and there wuz a happy ending to your story.

i think you shud haf been allowed to take ellie to her home and maybe you wud get a reward too!