Tuesday, May 08, 2007

it is so NOT about me anymore!

well everydog and fufu...it is SO not about me anymore! i don't get let out as soon as i want to, i have to learn to wait. i don't get my breakfast and dinner at consistant times that i demand. and between you and me they have forgotten my breakfast a couple times! i still get hugs and kisses but they are on the decline. and i still get to sleep in mom and dad's bed but sometimes i have to share the bed with the baby. OH and copper, i am not speaking to you right now because you did not come to help ME after the baby came. i need help too! i need help to get their attention!

but i have to say that aside from not getting as much attention anymore, they still love me. mom still holds me and says i'm a good boy and that she loves me. dad takes me outside to hang out with him in the yard and i still get to sit on top of the couch cushions. and the baby isn't that bad. she makes some cool smells and i like to protect her from nixon. nixon likes to smell her and i usually chase him away. i think i might like her. i'll keep her. but she needs to stop being so LOUD!




15 comments:

Zach said...

You're doing an awesome job of protecting Miriam! Don't be mad at Copper - he really wanted to come but he wasn't allowed. I've never smelled a baby before so I wanted to come too but Mom said it was too far for me to travel. Bummer.

hana said...

Oh Hershey, you look so cute with baby Miriam. I'm glad you sorta like her! You can be Miriam's personal guard dog! I think as baby Miriam grows older, you will like her more and more because she will drop food on the floor and you can lick food off her. She will be your bestest friend!

JustMeCopper said...

Hey Hersh, please don't be mad at me. I wanted to come see you really bad but Mom said no. When my Mommy got the suitcase out, I was sad. You come see me soon and we'll do zoomies.

Dachsies Rule said...

Hershey,

You are being such a good big brother. Miriam is lucky to have you to protect her. Don't worry. Things will settle down a little bit and you will continue to get hugs and kisses and fed and be the special boy you have always been. We just know your mom and dad want you to be happy too.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

nikita said...

oh you both are so adorable! i love how you look at your baby.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Hershey. Your sis Miriam is so pretty. With a new member of the family you could get less attention at the begining but soon you will see that things go back to normal.
You know your mom and your dad love you so much.
Besos
Lorenza

Lady Kaos said...

You are both very cute! I've never met a baby before, but I really like kids and Mom says all kids start off as babies to I'm sure pretty soon she'll be lots of fun. I've been trying to talk Mom and Dad into getting me some kids to play with so I'm going to be checking into your blog a lot to get some ideas on how to convince them. So far I'll use the cute picture taking opportunities for Mom.
Kaos

Ivy said...

hey hey hershey! i am so sorry that your house has forgotten who is the center of everything. i think you deserve extra cookies and belly rubs to make up for the misunderstanding.

Sparky said...

I've never seen a real-life baby human before! She's awfully cute!

Joe Stains said...

what a lucky sister, her coat is sort of sparse though, where is the rest of her hair? Is she one of those hairless dogs??

Luckie the Dachie said...

Hey Hershey,
I love that picture of your smelling little Miriam. She's growing up fast. I'm sure your hoomans are glad you are so independent and also protective of your sista.

Cubby said...

You're such a good doglet!

Charlie Kelley-Church said...

I can see that you are already doing a great job as Miriam's body guard. I think things will get better as she gets older. She will also love you and won't be able to do without you.


C-K-C

Pacco de Mongrel said...

it seems like ur family is moving on to a new stage...

hope tat u can develop a great relationship wit d new family member...

hana said...

Hey hey, everydog, check out Hershey's dad's blog because there is a video of Hershey licking baby Miriam and it's soooo cute! You can find the web link in the "vote for copper" post.