Tuesday, March 27, 2007

LEAVE ME ALONE!



i have had enough! enough i said!


see, i like to sleep in mom and dad's big queen sized bed during the day. they don't make the bed very often and even if they did i can still get under the covers. us dachsies like to burrow and love to be covered up! i mean we were bred to go in tunnels and chase badgers! well i take all my naps in the bed under the covers, i love it! and since mom is hard to cuddle with on the sofa cause she has 4 more weeks til she has the baby (she's HUGE). i just go get their bed.


so ok, i love the bed, well mom and dad like to go pet me and give me kisses cause i get really cute when i'm all sleepy and warm in the bed. i love the attention but...i have had enough of them taking me out of the bed! last night dad wanted me to sit with him in his big chair and i was in the bed. so he came in and had the audacity to pick me up! i was comfy and cozy so i growled at him!! grrrrr! well he thought it was shocking but kinda laughed it off cause he wasn't really sure i growled he though maybe i had grunted (which i do a lot too) and mom didn't hear me so dad shugged it off.


well this morning mom had to leave the house to go to a baby shower (i guess they give babies baths at these things, whatever) and she went to go get me out of the bed and put me in the kennel and i growled at her when she started to pick me up! she didn't like it and i got yelled at! she said, "NO, you do not growl at me!" i think i even got a swift pop on my bottom. mom said she was sorry about that, it was a reaction. but i wanted her to leave me alone in my soft warm bed!!!! mom said i am getting a little bit too independent and big for my britches! i don't have any britches, i don't know what she means?! anyways, i have had ENOUGH! grrrrrrrrrr.....

9 comments:

Lady Kaos said...

My older sister is a dacshund and she burrows into the bed all the time and grunts all the time! It's amazing ready all the dacshund blogs how much they are all like her! Mom has a picture of Sasha that's really similar to your's. Sasha also prefers to snuggle up in the bed than join all of us in the living room. If you walk into the bedroom and don't pet her and pay attention to her, then she whines and whines and whines. Luckily she has Mom and Dad trained to pay attention to her a lot. Sasha also pointed out that I don't have any dacshund blog links so if you don't mind, I'll be adding you to my links.
Kaos

JustMeCopper said...

Hershey, you are "crusin for a brusin" as your great grandmother used to say. Better stop that growling.

Bruce the Bird Dog said...

Mmmm...toy aussies love people beds too...

Zach said...

I'm not allowed in the bed but if I was I bet I would act just like you! I don't think it's a good idea to growl at your parents though ... they might cut you off from the bed completely!

hana said...

Hershey, you had better stop growling at your parents because if it continues after the stork delivers the baby, you might have to spend time in jail!!!

Jasper said...

tsk tsk tsk....better watch that growling Hershey....be careful....I know...cuz I have done it too and I got into a lot of trouble.
Nice pressie you sent to Hana...and I believe she loved it!!
xoxo
Jasper

Luckie the Dachie said...

Hiya Hershey,
You're so lucky to sleep in the big bed. I never had such luck..the hoomans just keep laffing and watching me try to jump up their bed (quite impossible with my short legs).
Be careful with that growling...it seems to irritate the hoomans a lot. I get smacked on my butt quite often..hehee..

Dachsies Rule said...

Oh, Hershey, be careful about that growling. We can do alot of things but growling gets us in trouble. Mom never lets us get away with it. Even Roxie stops when Mom yells at her. Maybe they will just leave you in the big bed so you don't feel the need to growl ... maybe??

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Joe Stains said...

oooh I growl sometimes too at mom and dad when they move me around in the bed...and then usually I get yelled at too!