Friday, January 05, 2007

a tale of two leashes...

i have two leashes, copper's mom gave me both when my mom and dad adopted (er..bought) me. one is retractable and is loooooong (and kept up in the closet) and one is short and not retractable and they always use it. well, since i have no fence mom and dad have to walk me on a leash to do my business. i go business in the front yard and we walk up and down the "runway" or front sidewalk. well...for the past week or so i have been feeling like i am running out of places to poop, i can pee anywhere!

my poop that is another story, i am very PICKY about where i poop! well we have lived here for about a year now and dad has mowed over my poop many times and i have areas that i like to rotate. one week i poop in a certain area next week i will choose another. well i ran out of spots last week! every time i would try to find an area mom and dad have been noticing that i am slightly destraut and can't seem to find a poop place. it makes them laugh but it is SERIOUS stuff! i always seem to want to go BEYOND the short leash (which they ALWAYS use) so dad saved the day, he suggested i use the loooooong retractable leash so i can reach the un-pooped areas of my front yard.

well IT WORKS!! i love it! i can smell all kinds of new places!! and i easily find poop places. dad is BRILLIANT!!!! i love him! YEAH DAD!! i still wish i had a fence and a doggy door like ivy though....oh well...one day...

9 comments:

hana said...

Pooping is very important. I'm glad your dad realizes that! Me? Right now I seem to be what my mom says is "constipated." For some reason I'm not pooping at night time anymore. Sigh.... why don't I gotta go poopie at night anymore? Why Hershey Why?

JustMeCopper said...

Hershey, you always poop in the pine straw here at my house and that you used to poop in pine straw at your old Ga place. I know they don't have pine straw in Virginia. Do you want me to send you some?

Cubby said...

I am also very particular about pooping. I prefer on top of a bush. Under a bush will do in a pinch.

Zach said...

Thank goodness for retractable leashes! I like to poop in a circle myself.

Joe Stains said...

humans just don't understand how serious finding the right place to poop is! luckily your dad is smart!!

hana said...

Hershey, Hershey!! Wowie Zowie, Hershey! Thanks for your comment on my post!!

I *AM* FAMOUS! Thanks for letting me know about this. If you hadn't told me, then I wouldn't know I was FAMOUS! It's better to KNOW that you're famous, than to have everyone else know it but you, right?

I think Zach's mom was the one who made me famous. But, the picture is of Casper, not me. Oh well. At least the link goes to my NOW FAMOUS BLOGGY!

To make an active URL link, you want something like this, but don't include the spaces between the < and a, and between the < / a >. Right now I can't remove the spaces else you wouldn't be able to see the code.

< a href="http://www.yourlinkhere.com" >Test web site< / a >

You would actually type this into the bloggy comments (without those spaces)

hana said...

Hershey, take a look at this URL and look in the grey box. It gives an example without all the spaces I included in my example.
http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linking/_A.html

Isabella said...

I love my retractable leash- I've got a long one. I have to run several figure eights and circles real,real, real fast before I can poop.
Big Wags,
Isabella

Boomer said...

Hey Hershey,

Poopin is serious business - you have to be particular about your poop places. I mean, you can't just poop anywhere, right?