Monday, December 11, 2006

a letter to ferrero rocher


Dear Ferrero Rocher,
Please for the love that is all Christmas and other good things, please stop playing that darn commercial! Yeah, you know the one with every doorbell sound known to dogkind! That commercial is tortorous to dogs! We are wired to protect our humans by answering the door with loud barks of warning! Well, your commercial runs the gammut of every doorbell that could possibly exsist, I think mine is the 3rd bell sound. It is always a false alarm cause believe me my mom and dad don't have NEAR that many people who ring their doorbell! I bark and bark and bark and run to the door telling my mom SOMEONE IS OUT THERE!!! Well no matter how much my mom tries to tell me that no one is there, I DEMAND she open the door and prove it! So every single time that darn commercial is on mom has to get up and show me that no one is there. This means she has to pick me up because I would RUN out the door unleashed or unheld. She happens to be pregnant and doesn't like having to always pick me up, so sometimes she has to bend over and hold my collar, I am a dachshund so she has to BEND over completely. So please please please stop playing that evil commercial you are causing dogs all over the world a lot of confusion, I would liken it to the boy that cried wolf story. One day I will not believe the doorbell and then something horrible will happen to my mom and dad! Christmas should be a time of love and giving not false alarms! Let's just say that in the end my mother will not buy your product and has learned how to use the MUTE button SKILLFULLY!
Sincerely,
Hershey Schueler

14 comments:

Wired for Mackie said...

Hersey- Isn't it kinda funny that your nemesis is another Choclate brand? hehehehe!

your pal, Mackie

Zach said...

Tell your Dad to buy a remote control thingy with a mute button .. then they can turn the commercial off!

Joe Stains said...

You know what really stinks, us dogs cant even EAT the darn things!! :(

JustMeCopper said...

Oh, that's too funny Hershey ... wet my pants laughig funny!

hana said...

Go figure. Chocolate is bad for us dogs. This commercial by the chocolate maker is bad for us too! Hmpf! I wonder if Mr. Rocher will write you back. He's probably too busy ringing door bells.

Dachsies Rule said...

Hershey, you are so right! Mom is always having to tell us that there is no one at the door. But we hear the doorbell!! Some humans have no respect for us.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Isabella said...

Hee Hee! We do the same thing. We also bark at telephones ringing on TV.
Festive Wags,
Isabella

Ronak said...

I agree with you whole-heartedly, Hershey. I can distinguish a real house bell from the tv now, but it still makes me feel anxious. You are doing a great job taking care of your mom!

Shmoo said...

Well, its their own fault then. Humans made the commercial, now humans have to suffer. I think what you are doing is admirable, and once again the humans don't understand the complexities of the doglet mind.

We actually prefer waiting until the human woman is alone... and its dark... and then we creep cautiously toward the door, looking very interested in it and yet a bit fearful. She always thinks there's an axe murderer just outside the door. Then when she gets up and freaks out... we just lay down and laugh.

Meeshka

Boomer said...

I hear you, damn commercials drive us nuts here at our home.

Pippin the flyball dog said...

Have you ever watched "Breed all about it" on Animal Planet--when my people have that on and we hear all those barks, we're sure we're being invaded and go on very high alert.

The TV is just generally not good--that's why we don't let our people watch it except in the most extreme circumstances and then they HAVE to provide us with suitable alernative entertainment like Kongs.

Good for you writing the letter, though--it's always important to remind these multinationals that we dogs are not as easily mind-washed as the humans

Pippin

hana said...

Hershey, I want to holiday tag you, but I'm not sure if blogger will let me. Check out my bloggy for details on the rules.

Ivy said...

oh poor hershey! you are doing such a good job of protecting your mommy. it isnt rite that the stupid commercial shud cause such trubble with its false alarms.

i haf learned a trick that helps me out. wenever i hear knocking i go on high alert and tell my peepol that sumbody is there. but if my peepol say its ok ivy! they are allowed! then i know it is ok and i can stop barking. the only problem is that sumtimes my peepol are laughing too hard to speak clearly and i cant unnerstand them!

JustMeCopper said...

Tag. Are you switching? I am confused. Will you help me?