Sunday, November 05, 2006

the bathroom, jackets, and yes...poop

It is official...the bathroom renovation is finished and I helped! I sat in the middle of the bathroom while mom and dad worked on it. I was a good helper! Well this first picture is the "before", mom took a bunch of pictures and put them together using photoshop, that's why it looks kinda funky....notice nixon

and the AFTER!!!! beautiful! notice Nixon AGAIN! oh notice the new mirror and light!



copper's mom gave my mom that yellow chair, isn't it cool, sometime i jump on it and watch mom do her make-up but i run away when she uses that hairspray stuff!

ok, so jackets. dachshunds were bred to burrow underground after badgers! so we like to burrow under the covers and we like to be covered up. and when its cold our bellies are close to the ground and the cold hardwood floors! so i love to wear my jacket!

i got this jacket as a hand-me-down from copper. mom's first dachshund holly always had a jacket in the winter and she liked them. copper even likes jackets too, or at least he used too, we'll have to ask him. so everydog or every-dachshund do you like jackets? if you don't you should try it, its like wearing a blanket!! this jacket has a pocket and sometimes mom and dad use it to send messages to each other. mom will write dad a note and stick it in my pocket and then tell dad to call me and then i run in and deliver the message to dad. kinda cheesy, right. i feel used.
ok, so now on to poop. yes, poop. you see i have a little problem with wanting to poop outside. i am a 1 1/2 years old and i am VERY good about doing the pee outside. i never pee in the house. but poop is another thing. i just think its more fun to poop in the house. mom and dad poop in the house, so much so that they did all kinds of nice things to their bathroom, nixon poops in the house. he has a nice litter box, i should tell you about his fancy litter box one day. SO, why do i have to poop OUTSIDE!?
so for the past 2 weeks i have relented and been very "good" in mom and dad's eyes. i pooped outside 2 times everyday like clockwork and they were very happy. i didn't mind cause they get SO EXCITED when i poop outside! they tell me how good i am, pet me alot, and i get to go straight inside and get a cookie, i even got some special dinners with caesar dog food! so its not bad. but this morning the winning streak ended. it was COLD outside and the grass was crunchy with frost and i decided to poop in mom and dad's bedroom right next to the bed. mom was not happy and i knew it. i got a stern talking to, i was very sad. so do you guys like to poop in the house?

8 comments:

JustMeCopper said...

Hershey, I love the bathroom! The blue is beautiful.

As you know, I like jackets when it is cold. I don't love them, but I like them well enough to wear them ... if it is cold.

I have the pooping thing figured out Hershey and I think it is tiem you figured it out too. I on the other hand, have seperation anxiety which makes me tinkle little tinkles on my bed when my awful Mother leaves me to go to work. I sooo wish she would stay home with me!!!

Zach said...

I just grow a jacket for the winter, heh heh heh. I have the pooping thing figured out too - but I really, really HATE to go outside to do my bizness when it is super, super cold. I don't go too far from the dog door and I go as fast as I can.

Isabella said...

Wanting to poop inside must be a guy thing. I prefer pooping outside.
I think you look very handsome in your jacket. All you need to go with it is a pipe- oh, how sophisticated you would look!
Big Wags,
Isabella

Elizabeth K said...

Hershey, you are so handsome. Lulu wanted me to tell you that and to also tell you that she sometimes poops in the house when she is mad at me.

Dachsies Rule said...

I don't pee or poop in the house (unless it is on Mom's bed). The boys pee in the house all the time. Sometimes they poop in the house too. I don't understand them at all.

Roxie

Ivy said...

hey hey little doglet! tell your peepol that theyr bathroom looks so good! i bet you are all so happy to haf it done.

i like your jacket but i wuddnt want one myself. like zach i just grow my own fuzzy jacket. it is great!

isabella is rite that pooping in the house has to be a guy thing. i only did it once the first nite i adopted my peepol and they were so not happy that i never did that again.

i like to poop outside to leave warnings for the evil skwerrels to stay out of my yard.

Cubby said...

Nice jacket, and GREAT job on the bathroom. I got a jacket last week, too, but I haven't worn it yet. I'm not too sure how I'll like it.

Pippin the flyball dog said...

Hi Hershey,

I never poop or pee in the house (except if I'm sick and locked in my crate--that's happened twice and I was horrified), but all of my packmates do sometimes. In fact, just this morning, my brother Hamish pee'd in Rafe's crate and my people were hopping mad. I think you're right, though, if Nixon and the people have nice indoor accommodations and you'd like them too, you should have them. Tell your mom and dad that you want your very own indoor popping area--maybe they'll get you one. I saw an indoor pooping area in a magazine--it's a box with some grass growing in it. That way you wouldn't have to go outside at all. You could put it in the people's bathtub--then you could all poop together.