Saturday, August 12, 2006

What a fun day!


Wow! What a day! I went to the DUMP! My dad took 5 trips to the dump to get mulch and I went with him for 4 of the trips. The first one he took before mom woke up and of course I was still in bed with her, gotta get all that warm sleepy time with mom in the bed. Once mom and I woke up we went on a car ride with she and dad in mr. keith's truck. I once stayed with mr. keith when mom and dad went away for a couple days. Mr. Keith has a cat named Ozzy (he is WHOLE other story). Anyways Mr. Keith's truck smells awesome! I got to smell out the window (when the tr
uck was going slow of course) Once I got to the dump we backed up to a GIANT pile of mulch (its free, you can take as much as you like) mom and dad got out and started shoveling mulch into the truck. That mulch smelled soooooo good. Mom said it stunk and dad said it smelled nice and earthy, I said yummy! I wanted to get out of the car soooooo bad!!!! I wanted to run and jump and frolic all over that pile! Who cares if I get mulch all in my hairs and that mom would have to spend lots of time trying to get it out...but I might have needed a bath...awesome! well they wouldn't let me out of the truck, it was nice and cool today and they rolled the windows down and gave me a bowl of water, but they still left me in the truck. It only took about 10 minutes to shovel the mulch and then they got back in the car with me and went to the house and shoveled it out and then repeated over and over again all day long!! (mom went 2 times with dad, dad went 5 times total, and i went 4 of those times with dad) well needless to say i am TIRED! i woke up from my nap to write this and i am going back to sleep as soon as i'm done! This is a picture from the website of the county I live in, its a picture of the mulch pile. In case you were wondering. But now there are 5 big piles of mulch in my back yard, maybe i can find a way to sneak outside and run and jump on those piles! don't tell mom!

6 comments:

Dachsies Rule said...

Oh yes Hershey,

You need to run and jump and roll around in the five big piles in your backyard! That will be so much fun! Your mom loves you and wants you to enjoy life. And, if she doesn't want to give you a bath, you can enjoy the smell for the whole day!!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Dusty Doodles said...

Hershy, you've been TAGGED. Come over to my blog to find out what to do!!

JustMeCopper said...

Awesome Hershey, I want to play in your mulch! I wish I lived closer!

JustMeCopper said...

Hershey, I tag you too.

JustMeCopper said...

Hershey, the trees in that picture look awful bare for August! Is that your Dad?

hershey the doglet said...

no copper that is a picture from the henrico county website, they had a picture of the big mulch pile and a man putting it in his truck, it looks like its from the 80s!