Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My new house

i thought i would write about my new house. about 6 months ago i moved to this new house. my daddy got a new job and we had to move far away from copper. my old house had fluffy floors, i think mom called it carpet. well this new house has slippery floors made of wood! whenever i ask mom to throw my toy for me i ruuuuuun after it but i have a hard time stopping! these floors are slippery! well my old house had a little fenced in back yard. the backyard was very doglet sized. meeshka and dusty doodles you would NOT do well in my old backyard! big dogs would need a much bigger yard. but it was pretty good for a doglet. i didn't have to be on a leash to go business and i didn't have to be on a ground screw to hang out outside! well my new house has no fence! oh and the slippery floors are not good for when you jump off your mom and dad's bed! well dachsies aren't supposed to jump off high beds cause its bad on our backs. but i don't listen to mom and wait for her to do the dog elevator, and sooooometimes i jump off the bed when i'm not supposed to. well its much better on my short legs and looooong back to land on carpet than slippery wood floors if i have to take a flying leap! or as my dad says...doglet dive!

9 comments:

Dusty Doodles said...

Hershy,

You better becareful on that dogscrew thing. We have those for when we go to the beach. Tell your momma to watch you close, I don't wanna hear about any doglet-napping!!!

About the treats and gaining weight. We huskies has to watch our weight too. When Da momma thinks Doodles is getting fat, Doodles still gets his cookies -- except instead of my real cookies Da momma gives me things that are low in calories and fat free.

Some of these are -- green beanies. Da momma gets the salt free can in the can. They are YUMMY!!! Doodles also likes carrot sticks and apple bites. Ask you momma about those things and maybe you can have a few and then you would have your treats!!!

JustMeCopper said...

Hershey maybe you can get your Mom or Dad to buy you some of those tacky stairs for dogs to get on people beds? They would be beeyoutiful and your mother would love it.

hershey the doglet said...

copper, my mom puts the foot stool by the bed for me, i love it! i just don't use it to get down as often as i should. and sometimes when nixon antagonizes me from the floor you just HAVE to take a doglet dive onto him. i mean he's asking for IT! and i don't think she would buy me one of those tacky stairs thank you very much! :)

Shannon said...

Hi Hershey,
I'm Shannon, I just find your blog from Dogs With Blogs website. I don't have a dog of my own (although I would LOVE one!) so I'll just live vicariously through your adventures.

After all your named after one of my favorite things. . .CHOCOLATE!

Later
Sh

JustMeCopper said...

Hershey ... do you mean my brown teddy bear that has no arms? Is that the one you still have.

THE ZOO said...

hi hershey, what a delicious name. wes here acause opy.

hershey the doglet said...

nope, i have the small tanish bear that has all of its appendages. except his nose is rearranged. i love it!

Dachsies Rule said...

Hershey,

Be careful on that slippery floor! The country house has a slippery floor and when our Aunt Lexie runs on it, her back get sore. Mom won't let us run in the country house. We have to go outside so we don't slip around. But that's ok. If we are outside we can keep an eye out for the cowdogs.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Isabella said...

Hey, Hershey- be careful with that jumping. My human's favorite dog ever- Rudy, the Min Pin, ended up paralyzed in his hind quarters the last few years of his life do to a back injury from jumping. After Rudy got hurt, the humans built little ramps for the Pom to use when getting on and off the furniture.
Big Wags,
Isabella